Applications for the 2024 Iowa Family Leadership Training Institute Now Open
Sponsored by the University of Iowa Division of Child and Community Health and Child Health Specialty Clinics
The Iowa Family Leadership Training Institute is inviting parents and primary caregivers of children and youth with special needs to apply for a special leadership training.
The goals of the training are to help parents and caregivers:
- Learn more about how to work most effectively with partners
- Become aware of one's own path to leadership
- Discover new strategies for advocacy
- Prepare a Community Service Project that impacts the community or system with the support of experienced family leaders
In-person sessions will be held in Cedar Falls:
- March 2, 2024 - Orientation
- March 15-16, 2024 - Session 1
- April 12-13, 2024 - Session 2
- May 10-11, 2024 - Session 3
- June 1, 2024 - Final Presentations
Click here to watch an informational video about the Iowa Family Leadership Training Institute.
Sessions are offered at no cost to participants. Lodging, meals, and a stipend for expenses are included.